Monday, June 16, 2008

2:22

My digital clock is showing 2:22 am. I realize that i have only 5 hours of sleep left yet i can't close my eyes.

Perhaps now is the perfect time to open my "Poetry and lyrics" topic.

Here is one i wrote, when i can't recall to be honest but anyway

Three simple words i had to say
Eight letters i had written down
I let them slowly fade away
Without letting out a sound

Three simple words that might have meant
Eight letters that just could have been
She'll never know what i had felt
Inside my heart, under my skin

Perhaps it wasn't meant to be
Or maybe wasn't there at all
Some days i happen to agree
Sometimes i struggle to recall

The words that i must leave unsaid
Perhaps there'll be another time
To color them in shades of red
Inside the faintly dotted line

No comments: